Sam Aparicio, a CEO and tech executive, discusses lessons learned from five years of trying to find the ideal product market fit in his now successful startup, Ring.io.
- Guest: Sam Aparicio, CEO of Ring.io a Power Dialer for Salesforce, Hubspot, Zoho, Pipedrive and Dynamics
- Host: Anil Hemrajani, Founder of Startup Sidekick
- Start a company in an industry where you have subject matter (business domain) expertise
- You will make mistakes; don’t try to perfect — iterate, improve, fail/succeed fast.
- Work closely with customers to test concepts, get feedback and find product market fit.
- 01:20 Sam: Background (born, school)
- 02:15 Sam: How he co-founded Ring.io and what’s unique about it
- 05:25 Sam: What market need is (problem, solution, buyer)
- 06:24 Sam: How startups find their market need
- 08:31 Sam: How Ring.io found their market need
- 10:34 Sam: It took five years to find their product market fit
- 11:26 Anil: Pivot in his former startup
- 11:51 Sam: Advice/takeaways on defining market need