Ajay Sravanapudi, a software executive and former entrepreneur, discusses startup pivots, why to not procrastinate and what to focus on.
- Guest: Ajay Sravanapudi, SVP of Engineering and Architecture at Comscore
- Host: Anil Hemrajani, Founder of Startup Sidekick
- Speed: Do not procrastinate. Do it quickly; it might be painful but it’s better than having your efforts split across two models.
- Plan: Put a business plan together, as if you are doing a new startup from scratch.
- Team: Take a hard look at your team. Don’t carry people; it’s better to set them free, so these can prosper.
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:31 Ajay’s background (place of birth, school)
- 02:15 How Ajay got involved with his startup
- 03:30 Ajay describes what a pivot is
- 04:40 Ajay’s story about his pivot
- 09:01 How Ajay managed the pivot
- 11:26 Anil discusses his pivot at his former startup
- 12:21 Ajay provides advice to anyone looking to pivot
- 14:00 Ajay’s philosophy on work life balance and delegating
- Post: Ease Your Pivot Using Lean Startup, Design Thinking, MVPs, and OKRs
- Ajay’s personal story of his journey at Lucidmedia