Korba explains why it’s important to align your customer facing groups and how to do so effectively with unified data.
- Decide what your one source of truth is (for customer data); where are you tracking your whole customer journey.
- Align your three departments (marketing, sales, support) to work together towards common goals, using KPIs/OKRs. It’ll help each department to know what others are doing and what the customer journey has been.
- Be human. On the other side of the screen are real people with real needs; i.e. don’t treat them as just traffic or leads.
- 01:40 – Overview of User.com, a marketing automation software platform with unified data from several channels (e.g. email, chat), a CRM for an online businesses.
- 04:20 – Why is it important to align marketing, sales & support? Aligning helps a company grow faster, in a sustainable way and prepare for scaling.
- 06:30 – When to have one platform versus specialized products? The goal should be to deliver a great/unified customer experience via a single source of truth data.
- 12:50 – How do you unify data using separate systems (e.g. Salesforce, HubSpot)? Treat them as sources of truth and integrate them (e.g. using Zapier). If you’re a smaller company, start with something smaller (e.g. user.com). Also, many existing companies are moving from single products to an all-in-one solution approach (e.g. Zendesk).
- 18:15 – Takeaways (see above)