Stacy Hayes provides advice on how to find, manage and benefit from multiple distribution channels for your solution.
- Guest: Stacy Hayes, Co-founder and EVP N. America, Assured Data Protection
- Host: Anil Hemrajani, Founder of Startup Sidekick
- Don’t make it too complicated. Keep it simple.
- Sometimes too many options are not a good thing; limit the choices, if possible. Stay focused.
- Find distribution partners with complementary alignment with what partner is doing. Focus your time wisely on where you are getting traction.
- Do not try to skimp on commissions to distribution partners by trying to convince them your solution is unique.
- 01:30 – Overview of Assured Data Protection
- 04:45 – What is distribution and channels and ADP’s distribution model, three legged stool (OEM channel, white label, resellers)
- 09:00 – Finding distribution partners; complementary alignment with what partner is doing and focused approach to where you spend your time getting traction.
- 12:30 – Commissions/discounted rates for distribution partners
- 16:30 – Who owns the customer relationship (can be owned by ADP or partners)
- 22:24 – Takeaways (see above)