Connie Ruiz discusses why it’s important to build trust in an organization and how to do it with effective tools.
- Trust needs to be part of your startup’s foundation from early on
- Teams need to have enough trust to give honest feedback to each other.
- Equip your staff with the right tools (e.g. DiSC profiling and FISH philosophy)
- It takes the courage of the leader to have good and bad conversations.
- Book: The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable 1st Edition by by Patrick Lencioni
- 01:24 – Overview of Personal 20
- 04:06 – What does trust mean in a company? Mutual respect, open to feedback.
- 04:50 – Using DiSC profiling and FISH philosophy to build trust and synergy in the organization.
- 08:24 – Team building activities using DiSC and FISH.
- 10:00 – Using meetings to discuss pet peeves.
- 11:33 – What got Connie thinking about trust so much. Have enough trust to give open feedback in a team.
- 13:45 – Applying FISH philosophy with customers.
- 17:20 – Takeaways (see above).