Kathman, a serial entrepreneur and tech executive, describes what a target market entails and how to define it by solving customer pain points.
- Finding your target market is really difficult; it doesn’t just fall into your lap.
- Listen to your actual/prospects customers; understand their pains, price tolerance, etc.
- Stay focused on building only the products that customers will pay for, understanding the perfect target customer profile and defining a recipe for acquiring more similar customers.
- Keep your eyes open for additional opportunities (e.g. new/up-sell products) to grow in a focused manner.
- 01:05 – 01:50 Brian’s background (born, school)
- 02:10 – 03:55 Brain describes his current startup, Signal Vine
- 04:20 – 06:45 Brian defines the term “Target Market”
- 06:50 – 11:38 Personal story of how Brian’s team found their target market in his first startup
- 11:45 – 14:35 Brian discusses how long and what it took to pivot
- 14:40 – 19:30 Main takeaways